Sunday, November 28, 2010

Where To Go To Buy Beyblades In Australia 2010

My BookMarks literary ....


Even younger, I always had great difficulty in remembering names and sometimes even people's faces I do not see regularly or that I had not "struck" in a particular way ...

is, I suppose, due to the selective memory that allows us to get to the essence in a busy life where one must carry out several activities simultaneously and where time seems to accelerate constantly. ...

This disadvantage (which can sometimes be an advantage in certain circumstances .....) I always obliged, especially in my business, make plans very detailed class, to put labels on each or use mnemonics to retain the identity of my students as soon as possible, and sometimes to use "tricks of Sioux" to not offend some people at high risk who could not accept that one can forget their name!

Now, having "taken the bottle" I hesitate to say that my memory is that "wilt" and sometimes I have no shame to take notes more frequently, to remember all and everything that makes my life! In this way, I can not sing too often " The whirlwind of life " song, so just and so well sung by the great Jeanne Moreau ...

Since reading is one of my passions, and I realized, reading and sometimes much too fast I forget the title and author of certain works, I decided to do this work regularly and memory to share with you (or not) title, a brief summary and appreciation of books read recently.
Vade retro Alzeihmer ........

"The enterprise of the Indies" by Erik ORSENNA .

historical novel, in which the author speaks of the discovery of America and the life of Christopher Columbus as told by his frère.Très pleasant, easy to read and very interesting for those who love the history and stories about the lives of men and women of passion.

"Labyrinth" by Kate Moss.

Thriller "esoteric" occurring mainly in Carcassonne and mixing real historical facts, the history of the Cathars and the crusade against them in the thirteenth century, an investigation, "police-historical" made by a young archaeologist for English retouver documents kept secret for centuries and by revelations about this dark period in the history of southern France.
Kate Mosse, writer Contemporary English, received an award for this novel at the British Book Awards and is very pleasant to read.

"100 expressions to save" by Bernard Pivot.

Little fun book reminding us of many French expressions that sometimes fall into disuse and which Pivot explains the origin, meaning and reason to keep living with all the verve that is his charm.

"A diamond in the rough" Yvette Szczupak-THOMAS .

memoir of a young orphan adopted after a childhood spent so miserable in different homes, finally adopted in 1942 by a couple Parisian intellectuals who will inform him of the great artists of the era, such as Picasso, Braque, Battle, Paul Eluard ....
fascinating story written in a language very much alive and "reinvented" playing with words: a style very "visual" which in a few words or phrases us into the scene and action ...

"Twilight of an idol" by Michel Onfray.

Book daunting and difficult to read, (I also could not finish it!), Which in my opinion could have counted a few hundred pages instead of 600, which is a diatribe against Freud and his work and is in fact a business outright demolition.
I'm not a fan of Freudian doctrine, far from it, but with this book the author, a philosopher who seems to have certainty (although in my humble opinion, philosophy, is to first doubt, then an attempt to explain life) take, without really substantiate his claim, completely demolishing the man Freud and his doctrines.
short, you understand that this test does not really excited me .....

"T he transfer of the ashes" Fawzi MELLAH .

During playback, I still have not finished that novel. But the beginnings are promising for the lover of historical novels I am.
The author, Tunisian lawyer and political scientist, pays tribute to the monks of Saint Catherine at Sinai and leads us into an intrigue mixing religion, passion, interest, pride and vanity.: Theft of a manuscript of the Bible belonging to the monks and who would retrieve it.
And it's a writer, a Sunni Muslim, who tells us that history often forgotten by the Christian religion, fine example of tolerance and understanding among religions and that some should think ....

That, following the next issue, as stated in the soap .....

0 comments:

Post a Comment